The ankles are getting swollen, the belly is getting larger (by the minute) and you feel like an extra large stuffed turkey — Does that sound familiar? While you do undergo drastic physical changes during pregnancy, it’s probably the most magical and beautiful thing one could experience. So how does one capture the beauty of being a pregnant mom without looking like the entire Thanksgiving feast?
Heather Hart of A La Mode Photo shares some of her tips with you and let me tell you, I’ve seen her work and she is amazing. Sometimes taking photos can be a stressful thing, but Heather makes it simple and easy for you.
Heather Hart’s Top Pregnancy Photo Tips
Whether indoors or outdoors, pick a natural, tranquil scene as your background.
- Tip: Heather’s personal favorite is the beach. Try to find a place with very few people. Be careful of trash cans and other items in the background that might detract focus from you.
Wear something that shows off your pregnant belly and will look good in both color and black and white photos.
- Tip: Heather likes to wrap her pregnant subjects in material to accentuate the belly while the excess fabric flows romantically in the wind. Visit your local fabric store and pick up 6 yards of chiffon material.
Change up your poses. Don’t be afraid to experiment.
- Tip: Pictures where the mom-to-be is looking down at and holding her stomach always look beautiful.
- Tip: Ask a friend or loved one to shoot you. Knowing that someone who already sees you as beautiful is taking the pictures is enough to put your mind at ease.
- Tip: Enjoy the moment. Heather understands that when looking down at your pregnant self, you feel very wide. Just remember how stunning you’ll feel looking back at those pictures.
So what are you waiting for? Go out and take some beautiful photos and send it my way. Like Heather said, have lots of fun and enjoy the moment!