The main reason I don’t take my children to the movies (unless it’s targeted for the young) is because I just don’t want to disturb other patrons that come to have their 2 hours of stress-free enjoyment. Some parents don’t care if their child stands up on the chair, throw a fit for 10 minutes or want to go the bathroom every 15 minutes, but I am one of those that do care.
Kids will be kids and they have every right to be a child, we can’t force them to abide by adult standards (it’s just not fair). They may be fussy because they want to be nursed or they simply want their bottle. It may be too dark or too loud for a young child and startle them, causing them to express their discomfort in other ways.
Well, I have great news for you! TheBump.com and AMC Theater have launched Bring Your Baby Matinee program. The first Tuesday of every month at participating AMC theaters, parents can now enjoy a movie in a baby friendly environment. You can bring your strollers, you can breastfeed and watch movies with other families. And for your babies, brighter lights and lower volumes. If you’re like me, this is one program that will help keep my sanity.
The program kicks off today with the movie The Vow. Here are the 68 participating locations:
· Arizona (3) Phoenix and Mesa
· California (12) Covina, Anaheim, Manteca, San Diego, Norwalk, Ontario, National City, Woodland hills, Rowland Heights, Tustin, Riverside
· Colorado (2) Broomfield, Highlands Ranch
· Connecticut (1) Danbury
· District of Columbia (1)
· Florida (2) Aventura, South Miami
· Georgia (3) Lawrenceville, Atlanta, Morrow
· Illinois (4) South Barrington, Chicago, Skokie, Lombard
· Indiana (1) Indianapolis
· Kansas (1) Leawood
· Maryland (1) Gaithersburg
· Massachusetts (3) Boston, Framingham, Methuen
· Michigan (3) Sterling Heights, Auburn Hills, Livonia
· Missouri (2) Creve Coeur, Independence
· New Jersey (9) Cherry Hill, Clifton, Freehold Township, Paramus, Hamilton, Elizabeth, Eatontown, New Brunswick, Rockaway,
· New York (5) Manhattan (Kips Bay and Lincoln Square), West Nyack, Westbury, Stony Brook
· North Carolina (1) Concord
· Pennsylvania (3) Philadelphia, Bensalem, Allentown
· Texas (7) Humble, Sugar Land, Grapevine, Houston, Mesquite, Arlington, Frisco
· Virginia (3) Alexandria, Woodbridge, McLean
· Washington (2) Kent, Woodinville
See you at the movies!